KONORANO RANKINGS ARE OUT!!
So, which LN is worth reading… NO ANTIMAGIC!? I DON’T EVEN CARE.
Maybe I should explain what is the KonoRano ranking. KonoRano stands for Kono Raito Noberu (Ranobe for short) ga Sugoi!, and is a magazine edited by Takarajimasha (that sometimes releases some LNs) which every year makes a huge poll for knowing what LN out there is the best, according to three groups : Internet poll, Collaborators poll (Some people who work as critics or workers on the subject) and a direct poll in Akihabara, targeting especially LN readers. Having infos about it is really hard as everything is in Japanese and nobody wants to explain it accordingly for English critics… The only thing translated is all the LN names and character names.
But here’s the Top 10 LNs (And their rank in the 2014 Ranking) :
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru (1st)
- Sword Art Online (5th)
- No Game No Life (10th)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index (3rd)
- Koukyuu Rakuen Kyoujou – Harem League Baseball (No Rank)
- Zetsushinkai no Solaris (No Rank)
- Escape Speed (17th)
- Toaru Hikuushi no Seiyaku (No Rank)
- Kono Koi to, Sono Mirai. (No Rank)
- Tenkyou no Alderamin (2nd)
So, mainly series from the previous Top 10 and new series as well. NGNL in top 3 is a great thing, but Alderamin dropping at 10th place isn’t what I expected. For those who don’t know, Alderamin, last year, got 2nd place just by having the most points attributed by Collaborators (They give the most points). AND WHY THE FUCK IS SAO IN 2ND PLACE.
I shouldn’t be surprised by that, because in fact, the ranking is based on popularity, meaning that LN adapted into anime is always gonna end in the top 30/60 depending on their base popularity. That’s why SAO was first in the KonoRano 2013 (corresponding to the year 2012).
So, you might have guessed, I can’t wait to see Antimagic in the 2016 Ranking if the serie is being adapted in 2015.
And here’s a list of good and bad things that happened in this full 2015 ranking, green for good, red for bad (in my opinion.)
- Ben-To still in the ranking and went up : 56 (2014) –> 26 (2015).
- Oreimo disappeared from the ranking.
- Return of Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and at 20th place.
- Grimgal now in the Top 20 : 57 (2014) –> 19 (2015).
- Return of GekkaHime at 56th place.
- DanMachi out of the Top 10.
- SAO in second place.
- Disappearence of Death Need Round and Clockwork Planet.
- Do I even have to say it again, GOD DAMMIT, WHERE’S ANTIMAGIC.
There’s even a Top 30 Female and Male Characters in the KonoRano. But, I’ll let you read the full thread on Animesuki just for that, I don’t really care. (And there’s too many over-powered male characters in it.)
I think other will do some articles (thinking about Misogi and Cho) about it, and they may have more infos than me, so, check their sites and see ya, for a review or something.